Frequently Asked Questions
1. What search terms can be used in this website?
Geographe recognises the need for a powerful and flexible search tool when all the information may not be at hand. In short, any attribute belonging to the product itself can be searched, including:
- Machine type (eg. 994 Loader)
- Product name (eg. bush)
- OEM reference number
- Geographe part number
- Product attribute (eg. bronze)
- OEM brand
Part of a word or reference number can be searched. Eg. All part numbers starting with ‘114’ can be searched just by typing in those three numbers. Phrases can also be used such as ‘Loader 994’.
2. How can I get a price?
Prices can only be viewed once you have created an account. There are two methods of doing so:
1) Direct: Click on “login” at the top right of the screen and follow the prompts.
2) Whilst searching for a part: Click on “create an account” (highlighted in red text) in the search results page below any item/s that may be showing.
Once you have set up an account, it is approved and you are logged in, you will be able to view pricing.
3. Setting up an Account
You can create an account in the ‘Login’ page found on the top right hand side of the website.
Click on the ‘create an account’ button and enter the information required. To verify your identity, you will receive a confirmation email from Geographe with a link to click on. Once this is done, you will be able to access all areas of the site including pricing and availability as well as having the opportunity to view and change your account information when required. We recommend you take a few minutes to enter information in the ‘My Account’ area of the website including ‘Account Information’.
4. Can I use my freight company as a method of shipping?
Yes, provided you hold an account with a freight company and can provide us with your account number, Geographe can organise it.
If you wish to use your freight company as your preferred method of shipping, the steps are twofold.
1) In “My Account” click on “Address Book” – it is here that you will be able to edit your shipping details. Simply fill in the box that is titled “Preferred Courier (Name & Account Number)” with the courier company and your account number you wish to use. This can be updated at any time. You can create as many delivery addresses with corresponding courier companies as you like.
2) During the ordering process in ‘Checkout’ when you reach Step 3 - Shipping Method, please click on the drop down box with addresses and ensure you select the one which has your preferred courier details in it.
5. When can I expect delivery on a ‘Made to Order’ item?
When stock is not readily available off the shelf, “Made to Order” availability will show. This covers a range of possible lead times from one day to several weeks.
In most cases, the stock is already on back order. In more obscure cases, where parts are from less popular or much older machines, it could mean placing an order for manufacture.
When proceeding with an order for a made to order item, a Geographe staff member will always contact you to discuss your requirements and give an indication of lead time. Urgent orders can often be turned around in a very short space of time.
6. What happens if the item I want is not priced or is showing “POA”?
Option 1 - You may add the product to your RFQ to request a price and availability. Once your quote has been submitted, our sales and service team will answer your query as soon as possible during office hours. Our normal office hours are Monday to Friday - 0800 to 1630 EST and 0800 to 1700 WST. FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE please contact 1800 999 240 (available 24/7).
Option 2 - You may continue with submitting your order (the POA product will show as “$0.00”) and our Geographe staff will be in contact with you as soon as possible with a price. At this stage of the process, your order will simply be ‘received’, but until you are quoted a price, which you can choose to accept or decline, it will not be invoiced. Should you accept the quoted price, an amendment to the order will reflect this in the same order number containing a dash-number as a suffix (eg. XXXXXX-1).
7. Can I order just part of a kit?
Yes. Kits are assembled from individual shelf items and not already pre-packed.
Underneath each kit, is a breakdown of its individual parts. You can select (by ticking the box) of any of the parts you require and add to your cart.
8. I would like to order a kit but the site tells me it is ‘made to order’ (not available). Is this actually the case?
In 95% of cases, kits will be assembled from their individual components from the shelf. Therefore, more often than not, kits may be available even though their status is shown as “Made to Order”. Inroads into giving a more accurate availability are being made. In the meantime, you can still place your order and a Geographe staff member will contact you as soon as possible to let you know the availability. You can also have a look at the “Kit Contents” panel on the left side of the screen and choose to order parts on an individual basis which show a more accurate availability.
Geographe endeavours to consistently stock all parts that form part of a kit.
9. Are prices shown inclusive of GST?
Please note that all prices shown on store.geographe.com.au are in $AUS and EXCLUSIVE of 10%GST, which is added at the time of invoicing.
10. What does it mean when an order is ‘pending’?
You can view orders you have placed in the ‘My Orders’ section of ‘My Account’. Orders are reviewed prior to approval. Therefore, a ‘pending’ status is automatically assigned to your order when you first place it. It simply means that we are reviewing your requirements to our availability and once processed it will progress to a ‘complete’ status. Should there be any made to order items, the order will be pending until a Geographe staff member has contacted you with lead times and you have given approval.
11. I am an international customer, can you deliver outside of Australia and if so, how does it work?
Geographe will deliver to most international countries. In the checkout process of your shopping cart, you will be given an option for freight. You will be presented with the option of a) using your own courier; or b) asking Geographe for a quote for freight should you not have a courier account already. If you already have a preferred courier we would ask that you follow the steps detailed in Question 4 on this page. Should you require a quote from Geographe we will be in contact to have this approved and then added to your invoice. There is a slight chance when quoting freight that your destination is not part of our international delivery network. If this is the case, you will be notified as soon as possible.